In a nutshell
Founded: May 2007
Launched: July 2007
Founders: Andreas Schroeter, Thomas Schroeter, Patrick Uecker
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Idea: Launch of a platform where language lovers can meet, exchange ideas and learn languages together.
bab.la is an interactive language portal offering 42 bilingual dictionaries, vocabulary lessons, language quizzes, and language games all for free. Currently available in 28 different languages, the site operates on a wiki-style model, allowing users to contribute content and feedback. bab.la was founded in 2007 by Dr. Andreas Schroeter, Dr. Thomas Schroeter and Patrick Uecker.
- 03.11.2016 - Learn Thai with bab.la and its new Thai-English dictionary!
- 10.08.2016 - Let us welcome a new language pair into the bab.la dictionary: Danish-German!
- 09.06.2016 - Discover the Top Language Lovers 2016 with bab.la
- 24.02.2016 - The Top 100 International Exchange and Expats Blogs: The results of IX16 are live!
- 05.11.2015 - Your favourite languages according to the bab.la language World Cup 2015