InstructionsHow do I begin using the Vocabulary Lessons? How do I study with the flashcard system? How do I create my own lesson? I forgot my password. What do I do? Registration failed. What do I do?
How do I begin using the Vocabulary Lessons?
With the bab.la Vocabulary Lessons you can start learning within minutes:
1. Sign up: Just register at bab.la for free and you will immediately receive a confirmation email to verify your address. Once you click on the link provided you can start right away.
2. Select lesson: You can choose from hundreds of free lessons and find one you like. Just choose a language, enter a keyword, or browse by category. Of course, you can always select more.
3. Learn: As soon as you have chosen a lesson, the exercises launch automatically. By utilizing the flashcard system you can commit the words to your long-term memory. If you want to take a break, you can always cancel a lesson and continue it later. We will automatically save your exercise progress for you.
How do I study with the flashcard system?
The flashcard system is based on three simple principles.
1. Every person has both a short-term and a long-term memory. We want you to not only learn the words, but remember them tomorrow. The bab.la Vocabulary Lessons are designed to help you learn new words efficiently and commit them to your long-term memory.
2. Vocabulary are usually saved in your long-term memory after having repeated them five times. For this reason we have modeled the Vocabulary Lessons as such for you. The flashcard box contains five different levels, which is exactly the number of repetations that you need to learn vocabulary. Level 1 is your short-term memory, level 5 is your long-term memory.
3. When you know a word in a lesson, it is automatically moved to the next level. This continues until it has reached the 5th level where the word is saved in your long-term memory. If you don't know the word it goes back to the first level. Your goal is to reach the 5th level with all the vocabulary.
How do I create my own lesson?
As soon as you have logged in, you can choose "Create your own lesson" from the left-hand navigation menu. There you enter a title, a description, and the languages. After that, you can begin to enter your own vocabulary. As soon as you have finished the lesson, you click on "Finish lesson". Tip: You can also publish a lesson publicly to make it available to all users. To do this, select "public lesson".
I forgot my password. What do I do?
Just click here and enter the email address that you used to register.
Registration failed. What do I do?
If you didn't receive a confirmation email, click here and send us a short message. Our advice: check your spam folder first. Confirmation emails end up there by accident sometimes. If you have any further problems with registration, click here and send us a short message. We will get back to you as soon as possible.