"hold back" translation into Italian

EN

"hold back" in Italian

EN hold back
volume_up
{noun}

1. law

hold back (also: recoupment)
At bottom is the threat of the hold-back of government grant from the colleges.
Alla base di questa situazione c'è la minaccia della trattenuta dei contributi governativi a favore degli istituti superiori.

Context sentences for "hold back" in Italian

These sentences come from external sources and may not be accurate. bab.la is not responsible for their content. Read more here.

EnglishWe should not hold back our criticism with regard to internal developments in Russia.
Non dovremmo trattenere le critiche sugli sviluppi internazionali della Russia.
EnglishOthers will hold back.
Anche alcuni dei mie cittadini ci si trasferiranno, Altri non saranno ineteressati.
EnglishThe solution is not, of course, to hold back development in the poor countries.
La soluzione non è certo quella di fermare lo sviluppo nei paesi poveri.
EnglishEvery effort is being made to exclude parliaments and hold back information.
Si fa di tutto per escludere i parlamenti e non divulgare le informazioni.
EnglishSo, I hold back a little of my venom for these astronomical misnomers.
Quindi, trattengo un po' del mio veleno per questi nomi astronomici impropri.
EnglishWould we encourage the EU to attack Iraq as well, or would we try to hold George Bush back?
Incoraggeremmo anche l'UE ad attaccare l'Iraq o cercheremmo di dissuadere George Bush dal farlo?
EnglishNothing, no prejudice or ambition, should hold us back.
Niente, nessun pregiudizio né alcuna ambizione ci devono tenere incatenati.
EnglishWe must help them succeed and thrive and not hold them back.
Dobbiamo quindi aiutare queste imprese ad avere successo e a prosperare e non tenerle a freno.
EnglishThe seven who do not hold on to power back home can then share jobs in Brussels.
I sette che non si terranno stretto il potere a livello nazionale potranno quindi spartirsi i compiti a Bruxelles.
EnglishWhat right have you to hold back certain issues when they concern the life of Europe's citizens?
Con quale diritto mantenete riservati certi argomenti che riguardano la vita del cittadino europeo?
EnglishWhy should 5% hold back the other 95% of trade?
Perché il 5 per cento dovrebbe bloccare l’altro 95 per cento del commercio?
EnglishThe seven who do not hold on to power back home can then share jobs in Brussels.
Il monopolio della presentazione di proposte legislative sarà controllato da persone che non possono più essere elette.
EnglishAs long as tobacco is a legal product, we should hold back from demanding a total ban on smoking.
Fintanto che il tabacco è un prodotto legale, dovremmo esimerci da chiedere un divieto generale del fumo.
EnglishLook at some of the other issues which hold companies back.
Esaminiamo alcune altre questioni che frenano le imprese.
EnglishAnyway, I am sorry, I could not hold myself back.
In ogni caso mi dispiace, ma non ho potuto esimermi dal commentare.
EnglishThe European Union must not hold back from coming to their aid.
L'Unione europea non deve tentennare nel soccorrerli.
EnglishGiven this situation, we do not even have a moral right to hold back Croatia's access to the Union.
Date le circostanze, non abbiamo nemmeno il diritto morale di ostacolare l'accesso della Croazia all'Unione.
EnglishI voted against amendments calling for yet more directives and proposals that would hold back industry.
Ho votato contro gli emendamenti che promuovono ancora più direttive e proposte che ostacolerebbero l'industria.
EnglishThose who think that the Trade Commissioner can reverse global economic change are asking King Canute to hold back the tide.
Penso che la questione calzaturiera nel senso più ampio ci ponga dinanzi a tale imperativo.
EnglishWomen consistently hold back, even in those countries that are most advanced in terms of gender equality.
Le donne si mostrano sempre esitanti, anche in quei paesi che sono più avanzati in termini di parità di genere.